Dr. Roux brings considerable technical expertise to the practice of law. Prior to becoming an attorney, he spent many years in private practice as a forensic computer scientist where he conducted investigations, addressed data breach containment, provided expert testimony, worked as a third party neutral, and served as a special master. He is a published author and public speaker on intersections of law, technology, ethics, and public policy with a special emphasis on digital forensics and cyber security related topics.
Brian’s practice involves complex litigation, electronic discovery, data breaches, cyber liability, privacy law, and intellectual property. Brian is available to advise clients on potential cyber liability exposure, assist clients in responding to a cyber event or data breach, and defend clients in the eventual litigation that stems from such events.
Data Breach Reality
Data Breaches are a question of when not if.
– Dr. Brian Roux
Brian holds a B.S. in Computer Science, an M.S. in Computer Science with concentration in Information Assurance, and a Ph.D. in Engineering and Applied Science with emphasis on Computer Science and concentration in Information Assurance. His dissertation work entailed a study of digital forensics applied to electronic discovery disputes and included original research centered around improving inefficiencies in electronic discovery platforms as well as case studies of discovery problems in legacy toxic tort litigation.
Brian attended Tulane University Law School where he obtained his J.D. as well as a Certificate in International & Comparative Law. He also attended mediation training at the Institut für Anwaltsrecht an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin where he received certificates in Mediation, Dispute Resolution, and International Commercial Arbitration.
Bar & Court Admissions
- All Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- Louisiana Bar Association
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- The Sedona Conference, Working Groups 1 & 11.
- ITech Law
- The Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Aviation Insurance Association (AIA)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)