Erin Hangartner is a founding member and managing partner of Hangartner, Rydberg, & Terrell LLC. Ms. Hangartner brings extensive trial experience and a strong record of managing a broad spectrum of civil defense needs to the practice. She has represented both premises owners and manufacturers in toxic tort litigation and has extensive experience defending class action suits for a wide range of corporate clients.
Ms. Hangartner is an experienced litigator, serving as lead counsel in depositions, discovery, and motion and trial practice in a variety of civil litigation matters. Ms. Hangartner began her legal career as a prosecutor in the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office where she tried more than 70 criminal cases in both jury and judge settings. Promoted to the exclusive Violent Offender Strike Force, she prosecuted complex and multi-defendant felony cases, including those involving capital murder, rape, armed robbery, RICO, and distribution of narcotics.
Ms. Hangartner is a member of the American Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, and the New Orleans Bar Association. She is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in the state of Louisiana.
New Firm with Clients in Mind
We are a new kind of firm positioned to best address the needs of our clients in the ever changing landscape of business.
– Erin Casey Hangartner
Ms. Hangartner is a life-long resident of New Orleans, graduating cum laude from Loyola University in New Orleans where she was a member of the Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society. She received her Juris Doctor from Loyola School of Law and was a member of the Moot Court Staff and the American Trial Lawyers Association.
- All Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Sedona Conference: Data Security and Privacy Liability (Working Group 11); Electronic Document Retention and Production (Working Group 1)
- Aviation Insurance Association
- The Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Court Watch NOLA, founder
- Citizens for One Greater New Orleans